My training is not in the medical or education fields and what I write about is based on my own subjective experiences. While I am not an expert, I have experience dealing with smart children who also have some learning differences.
Both my kids are in public school and performing near the top of their classes. Both have received a variety of different services over the years, and most of the time their teachers did not see the need for extra help because they weren't "failing." I am glad that I followed my gut and didn't wait for my children to fail before giving them the educational and other supports they needed in certain areas. In my heart I know that the early help made a huge difference in their self-esteem and their feelings about school and learning.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Thank you for so candidly sharing your experience, Anne. You will help many people with your experience & will enlighten people like me. The best information is from those who have been through it. I trust the words of a mom over a so-called expert anyday.
Post a Comment